View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 10:27 PM   #906
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So when MBT couldn't put legit talent around Dirk for yeearrrs, through Dust chip, Nash, and the various other failures along the way as he was taking pay cuts because MBT was convinced we were a FA destination and minimal weak ass pitches would get deals done. Those failures are somehow because the organization was too loyal to Dirk. Brother, Your version is not how I remember it. That take is borderline blasphemous. Dirk was too loyal to Dallas.
That is not even close to what I said, and you know it. I said post-2011 Mavs were loyal to Dirk to a fault. You are either deliberately misconstruing what I said or you didn't read what I said carefully. Read it again. I said they delayed a rebuild years longer than was logical for the franchise and tried to keep the team competitive out of loyalty to Dirk. And again, I'm not even saying they were wrong. I probably would have done the same thing.

Quote:
We botched so many opportunities in FA, failing to provide a successful pitch to the guys who were available, or flat out reading the talent incorrectly. Hell, fans actually believe that FA players have something against Dallas in general. In reality, we just haven't sealed the deal and it needs to change this offseason.
I don't necessarily disagree. But I'm also inclined to believe that it's just the nature of the NBA that there are only three cities players seem to actually want to play in and Dallas isn't one of them, and no "pitch" will change that.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote