View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #36
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Why in the world do you guys want Kidd back? This absolutely boggles my mind. He was decent this year, but the dude routinely gets torched, can't score, turns the ball over way too much at critical times, and doesn't really do anything special in "crunch time" (isn't this why we were supposed to have him?).

Yes, at times he played good. AT TIMES. However, "at times" isn't going to cut it in the postseason. Even if he plays AS GOOD next year as he was this year, how can that possibly be a reason for optimism? Being AS GOOD next year obviously isn't going to win us a championship, but what are the odds he'll even be as good? The odds are he'll just be one more step slower, etc.

Give me a PG who can get to the basket. I'll take a few less assists per game for a young athlete who can defend and get to the rim (oh wait, we had that).

His numbers are still decent, yes, but anybody watching the games can tell you this guy isn't the guy who's gonna get our team over the top, and as such, the trade for Kidd was most definitely a bust.