View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #212
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Nice concept (for the "haves," anyway), but not very Christian.

I notice that I only hear about this country being "founded on Christianity" when it's a convenient argument.
Hey you guys are the ones that scream separation of church and state. Seems you are using it when it's convenient for you.

It's morally right to take care of our own. Without a doubt. But it's not a moral obligation for the government to legislate that we take care of our own. As a Christian I put more stock in someone helping others(which is a Christ like act), not helping themselves.

I'm not saying let unfortunate people die. In fact I know for a fact that the Christian community will do all that it can to protect those that are less fortunate.

So I donate money to help those less fortunate and continue to do so.

When it's taken from me it's no longer my choice. So any moral stance is hollow there. Put a better way, when it's taken by force from those that wouldn't otherwise help those less fortunate then it's not a moral act. It's stealing. I'm pretty sure we all know that's frowned upon by our Savior.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-23-2010 at 12:02 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote