View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 08:39 AM   #62
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Official EAGLES @ "Please Don't Hurt Us" COWBOYS thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
Personally, I think they have quit.
Actually, I think this team came out and played some pretty decent ball...but, turnovers and refs missing turnovers killed the team early.
After that, the Eagles offense got rolling and it was all done but the crying.
I completely agree - the strip on George hurt, but the D held them to a punt. The second muffed punt of the night for that kid and the resulting turnover deep in our own end was really it. It was all downhill from that point.

For a while I thought it seemed pretty clear that the Cowboys were planning for next year - seeing how they handled the draft and all. But what I don't understand is why they aren't seeing what they have in some of these younger guys. Sure, they're playing these rookie cb's, but that's because they're forced to. I say you give each of them a whole game to work it out and see how they play - this in-and-out nonsense hurts them mentally, and doesn't give them time to show any flashes of talent. I think you let Thorton get some solid time at DE, he's not going to do any worse than Wiley. Get Henson in there - it's going to be tough and there are going to be growing pains, but you've got to see if he can regain his old form. Sitting on that sideline is just making his break from football that much longer. Julius Jones is going to be back in the next few weeks - you have to get him the ball and see what he's got. Let the young WRs get some playing time - maybe there'll be a servicable 3rd or 4th wr in the bunch. Parcells keeps bringing in former players, but what he's failing to see is that these players are getting old and worn down just like him. It's time to find YOUNG players that fit your mold Bill!
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote