View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Reports are coming in that the hospital is investigating what happened and is allowing the flag to be put back up.

I have no issues with an individual or groups right to voice thier opinion regarding the American flag, but when that opinions causes an American to NOT be able to fly the American Flag in America, then we have allowed a sacred line to be crossed.

The American Flag represents EVERYTHING American...Left/Right, Gay/Straight, etc...it has NO POLITICAL Leanings.

I don't care where anyone leans on political issues, when it comes to the flag of the United States...we can all find a level of class in allowing the flag to represent what each of us as individuals believe in as a unifying symbol.

Honestly, I give the same respect to others who fly other nations flags. Dishonoring the flag is more offensive to me than calling me a racial slur. That is my opinion, and I understand that this will not be shared by all...and I'm okay with that.

We are, as Americans, RED-WHITE-BLUE first, we are our race 2nd...as a veteran, we were all GREEN, and I never met an athiest in a foxhole.

Only in America do we find Radical Left Wing Liberals, coexisting side by side with Radical Right Wing Conservatives...PEACEFULLY.

Again, anyone has the right to voice an opinion of being offended by the flag...but when the opinion of one dictates policy that removes the freedoms of one to fly the flag, then we have seriously stepped on the boundaries of freedom.

I give credit to this Hospital for backpeddling and allowing the Flag to be put back up.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote