View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #106
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
It is very likely that you are very well off compared to someone, and that if you own a business, you have more money than most.

because someone thinks you are rich, why don't you send in more money to the government than the IRS is currently demanding of you? That is, since you make more money than someone, why don't you send some more of your money to the government so they can process it and send a portion of what you give them to some people who need it more than you?

Then 1) send in your extra money, and 2) think of what's going to happen to the size of the government under a democrat super-majority and the team up of Obama and Biden.

I do appreciate and agree with the kumbaya stuff.
Well I live in a much colder place than most of you and I have to heat my house (which is an old mink barn). That's a tall order the way fuel costs are going.

I think you're missing my intended point on taxation. It's not about taking from one group to give to another, it's a question about what works best for the nation as far as the progressive income tax. Before under the previous percentages the ecomomy was healthy. After tax cuts for the super rich, the economy is limping badly. Let's go back to what worked before. The very rich were rich before; they're rich now; they'll stay rich afterwards.

It's the current administration that has grown government to unprecedented levels. I miss the old fiscally conservative Republicans whose top priority was a responsible budget. I voted for some of those guys.

Senator Obama's budget does grow the deficit, but not nearly as much as Senator McCain's.

If Dwight Eisenhower or Teddy Roosevelt was running they'd have my vote!
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote