View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I don't remember calling you a "newbie" or "kiddie", but you are welcome to take offense at my comments if you want.

I didn't find his comment about people having a life that offensive. I thought it was pretty clear that he was saying that it is difficult to read a 13 page thread if you log on for the first time and see said 13 page thread. Surely that is self-evident.
And I don't think it's offensive to tell him to enjoy DB.com if he wants a billion threads, or LoneMavs if he wants a smaller community.

How is reading 10 threads with 10 posts each any easier?

As I've said previously in this thread, if you want to complain about the "2009 General NBA Thread" fine. I get that. I understand not liking multiple conversations in one thread. But if there are 13 pages in a thread about the Butler trade...I mean what exactly should we do about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I think all Stress was saying is that someone should have had the common sense to start a new thread concerning the trade sooner than what actually occurred. And no, it's not the rule of the forum to make one large thread. However, many have been chastised for starting new threads. At this point, alot of people are a bit gun shy about starting a new thread even when it's warranted. So, you end up with an unfortunate case in which there's 13 pages in one thread that obviously should have been two separate threads.
As UD points out, I don't think it's at all obvious that the second Butler trade thread should have been split off into new threads.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 02-16-2010 at 09:07 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote