Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #61
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
it's pretty funny to read the responses to my tongue-in-cheek post on obama's approval ratings.

the first post of this thread was pretty humorous to begin with, somehow linking obama with the market's malaise.

then there were the equally funny posts with the anti-obamaites exasperation with the approval ratings of obama, attempting to somehow rationalize the numbers.

now there is the most upside down remark yet.... "boom...is not a good thing".

ah, the frustration exhibited. thanks for the laugh.
Not frustration. You brought up disapproval rating. I'm not sure how quoting numbers from the same polling company for the same time period with the last President to get elected primarily by a message of being the opposite of an unpopular President that wasn't a candidate is rationalizing or showing exasperation.

The point was you can look at this stuff from a number of different perspectives. Obama is a bright guy and is letting Pelosi take the most of the heat while she seems content with the role of keeping the agenda left of center and consistent with traditional Dem values. Fair enough. I respect Obama for implementing the broad stroke philosophy he ran on.

Likewise, while there are too many variables to draw a real parallel it's still interesting to look at the last President that had a steady approval rating while his disapproval doubled also saw a Congress with low ratings passing a spending bill with zero Republican votes. If the midterm elections get Congress under new management it will be even more boom interesting.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote