View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 01:02 AM   #29
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Bush: a paragon of truth

Quote:
without a doubt George Bush knew Ken Lay. You can act like an ostrich and say it isn't so, but the facts are there nonetheless.
Mavdog, get a clue please. Just one is all I'm asking for. Bush said that he knew Lay. I concurred with that point. Bush explained when he 1st became familar with Lay, which was when Bush 1st became govenor. This would account for the times Lay visited Bush at the govenors mansion that you bring up. I don't know that this did occur, but since it contradicts nothing that Bush has said it would be pointless for me to verify you facts for the context of this argument. Of course it was pointless of you to add this in the 1st place.

As to Bush knowing Lay before he was govenor as more than a casual acquaintance at best has yet to be shown. Bush admits that as govenor that he came to know Lay better than as a mere acquaintance. Anything else is extremely loose conjecture at best and outright fabrication at worst on your part. That their companies did business together does not prove that the men ever met in person or even on the phone in relation to those joint business ventures. Your argument here has been stretched so thin as to be transparent.

So what dates, times, and places did Bush and Lay supposedly spend together in individual or small group intimate settings prior to Bush being elected govenor? You've yet to show any evidence approaching this level of detail. Until you do, you have nothing more than innuendo and gross conjecture.