Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #384
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It wasn't a protest, it was a publicity stunt... The NFL hijacked the message of racial inequality and made it all about "unity" -- as if football players kneeling together is what this was all about. It's basically the equivalent of "all lives matter" -- it completely ignores the plea from the black community to be treated as equal human beings and makes it all about everyone else.

So there was no actual protest, but they still ended up pissing off the "respect the troops" crowd -- when you try to please everybody, you usually end up pleasing nobody.
Idk, I liked it personally. Yes the NFL hijacked it and made it more about the NFL and it's players than the actual issue which kneeling was representing. But let's be real, the NFL operates autonomously and without reproach on basically everything it decides on. I'm not at all surprised if this was more about the bottom line of business than about any kind of equality message. I thought it was a show of compromise more than a publicity stunt though regardless. I'm clearly in the minority though judging from what I've seen today.