View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #102
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
Here is something you might all consider. Who is to say that Dirk and Carmelo can play efficiantly. They are both too simular. At least Roddy is a guard which is something that would complement a front line player. Players productivity runs in cycles. What if Carmelo and Dirk are on the same cycle. Meaning the are both hot at the same time and both cold at the same time. When they are hot they have to share the ball reducing each other productivity. When they are both cold than they would both be throwing up bricks. And don't even think that that doesn't happen with two superstars on the team.

Show me a team that had two similar superstars that were worth a sh*tt. I mean for all practical purposes Dirk plays a small forwards game. They are really not complementory players. You want your top players to occupy different parts of the floor. Roddy is a far more complementory for Dirk. Roddy and Carmelo are also far more complementory to each other than Dirk and Carmelo. The only advantage would be the double team thing but they would still double anyway using a zone. And another really inportant thing Carmelo's ego would not let him think he is playing Robin. He would want to be Batman. Dirk plays better when he has the ball and the team relys on him. I don't think they would play well together. Players stats do not always translate to a new team. I think most of you believe all his numbers would come over intact without effecting Dirks numbers. Neither would be the same. So I guess I am a terrorist and hate my mother.
Dirk and Melo are similar? In what galaxy? Only thing they have in common is that both are superstars.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote