View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #100
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:

"I've heard it. I've never agreed with it. That's on you guys."

Mavericks guard Jason Kidd, reflecting Wednesday night -- after a come-from-behind victory over the Devin Harris-led New Jersey Nets -- on the criticism he and the Mavs received throughout last season because Harris, now 27, was the centerpiece of a trade package Dallas surrendered to acquire Kidd at the 2008 trade deadline.

It's now a near-nightly occurrence for reporters to stop by Kidd's locker and personally withdraw those sentiments, with the 36-year-old in the midst of a renaissance that has fueled the Mavericks' 13-game win streak.

In 13 games since the All-Star break, excluding the March 3 home win over Minnesota he was allowed to skip for rest reasons, Kidd is averaging 13.6 points, 9.9 assists, 7.1 rebounds and 2.3 steals in 38 minutes per game.

Kidd, who turns 37 on March 23, is also shooting a career-best 42.1 percent on 3-pointers, continuing to capitalize on the sort of open looks from long range that he had never experienced in his career until he hooked up with Dirk Nowitzki.

"You guys said I couldn't shoot, you said that I'm too old," Kidd continued after Wednesday's win. "It's nothing new in that aspect of always hearing a doubt. I just keep trying to do what I've done for however many years I've been doing it. I can just be me. I can't change me. I can only work on becoming a better person, a better player and a better shooter. Right now, it's all paying off."/QUOTE]

"I've heard it. I've never agreed with it. That's on you guys."

Mavericks guard Jason Kidd, reflecting Wednesday night -- after a come-from-behind victory over the Devin Harris-led New Jersey Nets -- on the criticism he and the Mavs received throughout last season because Harris, now 27, was the centerpiece of a trade package Dallas surrendered to acquire Kidd at the 2008 trade deadline.

It's now a near-nightly occurrence for reporters to stop by Kidd's locker and personally withdraw those sentiments, with the 36-year-old in the midst of a renaissance that has fueled the Mavericks' 13-game win streak.

In 13 games since the All-Star break, excluding the March 3 home win over Minnesota he was allowed to skip for rest reasons, Kidd is averaging 13.6 points, 9.9 assists, 7.1 rebounds and 2.3 steals in 38 minutes per game.

Kidd, who turns 37 on March 23, is also shooting a career-best 42.1 percent on 3-pointers, continuing to capitalize on the sort of open looks from long range that he had never experienced in his career until he hooked up with Dirk Nowitzki.

"You guys said I couldn't shoot, you said that I'm too old," Kidd continued after Wednesday's win. "It's nothing new in that aspect of always hearing a doubt. I just keep trying to do what I've done for however many years I've been doing it. I can just be me. I can't change me. I can only work on becoming a better person, a better player and a better shooter. Right now, it's all paying off."
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...13/games-watch