View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #107
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelino9 View Post
"Her rarely puts a ton of energy on defense"

That's not accurate. He can't guard quick pgs but it doesn't mean he doesn't put effort.
How many of those long passes does he throw per game? no more than two on average, I'd say. Generally he is running with the ball and making the pass past the timeline.

Also, we're talking about mileage over a 16 year career so doesn't make sense to bring a rookie into the discussion.
True and he will walk/jog the ball up the court when there is no fastbreak available. Some players are suited for quick bursts of energy and some prefer more minutes to get in the flow. I think Kidd is one of those players that play better with more minutes as he gets in a better flow. Kinda like Dirk. And Kidd makes up for his lack of pure speed with his positioning, size, awareness, and endurance. Yeah the super fast point guards give him problems. I think Carlisle should use Beaubois as a situational substitution against these type of players and let Kidd guard the 2 guard. And Iverson is probably the one with the most mileage.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote