View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #113
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Did Kidd Sit Out End Of Mavs Win With An Injury?
Barea Handles The Helm In 113-106 Win As Two Different Tales Emerge
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

Did Jason Kidd sit out the fourth quarter of the Mavs’ 113-106 win Wednesday over the Bulls because he’s got a good heart? Or because he’s got a bad knee?
Kidd registered just 24 minutes in the Dallas victory, and on the surface, that seems like a positive. As he approaches his 37th birthday – and the NBA Playoffs – he’ll need all the fuel he can store up.
That was certainly part of the logic as Kidd sat out the entire second quarter; the Mavs, now 46-22, were in the process of building up a 25-point lead over shorthanded Chicago.
But was it also part of the logic when he sat out the entire fourth quarter … even as the ballsy Bulls closed to within seven points with just minutes remaining?
Is/was Kidd hurt ... or not?
Two different tales emerged from the Dallas locker room:
Story No. 1: “He’s had some soreness (in his knee) the last couple of days,’’ Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said of Kidd. “So about a minute or two into the fourth … he was done. We were going to have to do it without him.’’
I scribbled in my notes at the time that it almost appeared like a “good-and-stubborn’’ move by Carlisle, a sort of umbilical-cord cutting for the non-Kidds who ought to be able to close this one out without their captain.
Now, we know better.
Or do we?
Story No. 2: While Carlisle was mentioning Kidd’s knee … Kidd was insisting to the media that he wasn’t really injured at all and that he simply was sitting in order to let others play.
"We had the game under control,'' Kidd said, "so I made the decision to let the other guys play."
Really? Jason’s generosity extended to an actual NBA game in which Dallas entered the fourth leading by 16 but had to hang on to win by seven?
I mean, that's sweet and all, but ...
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle … part believing that his knee needed ice and part believing his team didn't need him. ... and it’s a good thing that Dallas survived with help from both Roddy Beaubois and J.J. Barea.
“It was going to be JJ or Roddy,’’ Carlisle said …
Well, 11 days ago, Roddy B scored a career-high 24 points in Chicago …
“And JJ’s been there before.’’
Oh.
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2743

Kidd has looked less than himself in the last two games and I don't know when it happened but I remember him crashing into the stands for a loose ball and banging his knee with one of the fans not too long ago. He has a history of not telling the media about any bumps and bruises.

Last edited by aurelino9; 03-18-2010 at 02:14 PM.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote