View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 AM   #25
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
The Magic would at least ask for Lakers to absorb a bad contract and take Bynum, not change bad contracts.

At this stage you are totally correct in that we don't have the pieces to obtain Dwight unless he acts like Carmello and forces a trade here which I just don't see happening. The Mavs FO would have to think out of the box.
Hedo is a decent, albeit terribly overpayed, player and has 3 years, $34 million left on his contract. Odom is a pretty damn good player and 2 years, $18 million left on his contract with the second year of his very reasonable contract being a team option. Including these two players in a Bynum-for-Howard trade wouldn't be a case of exchanging bad contracts, even though I'm not sure you wanted to imply that.

I don't know whether or not Orlando would go for a Howard/Hedo for Bynum/Odom trade, which is probably already better than anything we could offer. It wouldn't put them back into contention and they may as well go into rebuilding mode without Howard. One way or the other, things don't seem to look bright for the Magic.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote