View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #62
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I tried a standing overhead press today, just to try it out (no weight on the bar), and it was pretty uncomfortable. Not, like discomforting, I just felt no rhythm in doing it like I've developed with, say, the squat (for which I've really gotten the form down, I think). Maybe I'll do it in lieu of the bench press once a week, but it felt pretty awkward.

I think I'd like to go get my body fat tested at a BODPOD place. I should have done so a year ago before I started doing any weight-lifting so I could see my progress. (Since I started losing weight in July 2011 I should have kept pictorial records, but alas, too late now.) This new year would make it a year that I've kept the weight off. I got to a low of 152.8 lb, but that was shortly before I started working out (and therefore had laughably little lean mass). 163 is as high as I got, but I'm at about 158 right now. So long as I can keep it under 160 I don't have anything to worry about.

EDIT: Also, I had to scrap triceps dips from my routine, which sucks, but I was having nerve trouble in my right hand. Whenever I put pressure on it that way, my whole hand starts to tingle then goes numb. Not good at all, so I had to start using doing bench presses. The OH press was just a trial for maybe an occasional substitute for it.
I felt the same way when I first learned that lift. It is literally the hardest lift to take advantage of linear progression. I just couldn't seem to add the weight each time like I could the other lifts and pulls... I have not incorporated Rip's new approach that I posted above to get more body mass into the lift. Props to you for incorporating the lift.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote