View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #237
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New York @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Just because I don't think I got around to it last night, great game by Josh. I've been waiting for him to have one of these games. He's such a devastating matchup when he's active and plays to his strengths like that.

I really want to see Devin stop shooting all those long jumpers. He's too quick to be settling for those, and for purposes of him learning how to be a good NBA point I'd rather see him make mistakes trying to set other guys up. Playmaker-type mistakes are probably more damaging in the short term because the TO's will lead to fast-breaks for the opposition, but he's going to have to stub his toe in the passing game sooner or later, and jacking up ill-advised three pointers does absolutely nothing for his development.

And as much as the refs need to call a foul a foul when teams play Dirk physical, I have to say that if that's going to be the way teams are going to approach defending the Mavs in the big games (roughing up Dirk as much as I could get away with it would certainly be my strategy) then I hope it keeps happening in the little games as well. The more he sees it, the more it'll challenge him to learn to overcome it. His talent will shine through, and it'll make him a better player when the playoff's roll around (which is just scary considering his career playoff numbers). I mean, the guy goes for 30 and 12 on 57% shooting while getting very little respect from the refs and playing at the mercy of a rookie point with his head firmly planted in his own posterior, and in terms of the NBA's efficiency statistic last night that was simply an average game for the second ranked player in the league in that statistic.