View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #19
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I would vote to have ONLY one tax. One flat tax.

Remove the "Sales Tax", the "Gas Tax", the whatever tax...and simply have ONE tax that is a flat rate based on your Gross Income.

Once that dollar has been taxed, then it can no longer be taxed...even when I pass it down to my kids when I move onto the promised land.

Now if my kids take that inheritance and find a way to make that money grow, thus earning more income...then that new income is subject to the flat tax.

But I have been taxed on my income, and if I choose to give it to my kids, they should NOT be taxed for an inheritance!!!

I suppose the best way around it is to set up the kids as the Custodians of a NON-Profit in which I can spell out what they can do with the money...then I donate my inheritance to that NON-profit thus leaving my kids in charge of that money.

Sure there are rules within a NON-profit, but I believe they could find ways to work within the system and the government not get one more cent than what I have already paid.

Now, what I choose to do with my money is up to me. If I go waste it or I go and support some worthy cause...it's the money that I have worked to receive and after my taxes I should not have to worry about putting aside more for more taxes when I am dead!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote