View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Perhaps rather than calling me a heretic, you or chum might try to make a rational, cogent argument against the natural law perspective that holding a gun to someone's head and taking their shit is wrong.
Of course holding a gun to someone's head and taking their shit is wrong. That is not, however, necessarily what governments do, as you assert. Or rather, if they take your shit then they also give you something back in trade for it. You don't like it, I understand, but it's not at all the same thing.

If a policeman were found to be abusing his authority, I suppose you would endorse getting rid of the police force entirely as the solution to the problem. Then again, if the world operated your way, I guess we wouldn't have a police force to begin with. Because somebody would have to pay for that, and legally we couldn't compel the people to.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote