View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #49
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Mavdog:
Quote:
noonan is always an interesting and intelligent read. not that I always agree, but I always enjoy.

I disagree with her on one major point, the people who are attending these town hall meetings and becoming very agitated are in 2 camps: the first being the right wing who wish for the free market to dispense health care (and could care less if someone didn't get any), and the second is composed of people who have been victim of the campaign to convince the public that the health care plan is something that it isn't (see the claims of "socialized medicine" and mandating a single payer format, both of which are false).

yet I agree with her conclusion. obama would do well to come out and say let's stop for now, let's work to get a better consensus on how to go forward, clearly the public isn't comfortable for whatever reason and we'll wait until they are.

he could then use the time to bring the public into the tent and they will not be so easily fooled by the campaign of disinformation being waged.
I am pleased to jump into this thread in agreement with Mavdog. I am afraid such an act has been rare.

We should stop for now and discuss it in great detail.

I, however, think that doing so will guarantee that what the Democrat Party has currently produced will get shot down. I don't think that information and honest discussion will help Master Obama get what he wants.

I ask you to forgive my titling of the President. I feel that he has exceeded the constitution and the power of any past President. Thus, President is not an accurate title for him. As "Czar" has a bad connotation as does "Dear Mao Obama", I have resorted to Master Obama
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote