View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 10:29 AM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Here is a hint SMU.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q

What is your problem Dooby? This is college football and that's the way it works. If it had been OU or Texas that OSU ran the score up on I imagine no one would have a problem. I agree that OSU has not had it as bad as SMU, hell no one has. That was a stupid point by him.

Also in the BCS equation the margin of victory doesn't matter. But the BCS is based partially on the coaches and Media polls therefore there is a factor of dominating being to your advantage.
On the one hand I agree. Notice I haven't said a word about Texas Tech's drilling of SMU 3 weeks ago. But running up the score is actually not a part of college football. I don't know where that got started. I guess it was Butch Davis saying how sorry he was that he had to beat a team's brains in to get to the national championship.

If you can beat a team by 35 good, do it. But if you ARE beating a team by 35, and you are still throwing the ball, I still contend that makes you a jackass. Or, if you'd prefer, it is bad sportsmanship. Period.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote