View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #25
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE:Which players would you be willing?

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
You're a flat out wrong. Dwight would have gone 2nd behind LeBron to the Pistons.

EDIT: I already learned enough about you from your "insight" on how salaries and the NBA work to kind of know what you will say:

"Carmelo is a better player too, if they wanted a better player they would have taken him."

I figure that is about how deep you can get cognitively when it comes to this stuff. Fact is that the Pistons wanted a young big man to develop behind The Wallaces. Fact is that Darko was the only true big in the top part of that draft, Kaman sure wasn't, Bosh sure isn't a "true" big in the form of a guy like Milicic, Okafor, JO, Howard, etc....

You put Dwight in that draft and he goes 2nd, to the Pistons, a team that values what Dwight does so well, great interior defense, good help defense, and great rebounding. And even if Dwight did fall the Pistons he wouldn't have fallen past 4th and the Raptors or, at worst, 6th in the Clippers. Hardly the bottom of the lottery.

As if your futile attempt to degrade Dwight by saying that is relevant, Amare Stoudemire went 9th and JO went 18th, draft position hardly has a value with how the player plays when they get on the court. JO doesn't think "I was #18, so I better play like Elden Campbell."

insight on what? i havent posted anything about nba salaries, besides shooting down your ridiculous notion to trade michael finley for brian grant. who brought up carmelo? carmelo is a piece of trash and is the second coming of glenn robinson. if you've ever read any of my opinions on carmelo, you'll see i don't hold him in very high regard. once again, your ability to bring up things that are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand shed light onto just how brilliant your analysis really is.

i love bosh's game, but i wouldnt trade him for dirk. when you start looking at young players and say that you would trade superstars for them, its very rarely a good deal unless the better player is well past his prime. even then, dirk hasnt hit his prime yet. so for you to speculate and say, without a doubt you would trade a top 5/10 talent for a guy who isn't even in the top 15 at his position is pretty ridiculous. you want to trade one howard for another howard? fine. but give me a break, 30/30 GMs would trade howard for dirk. and its not even close. you have this stupid fascination with all top picks who haven't panned out. pardon me if i prefer to have someone established as a superstar rather than someone we hope could be a star.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote