View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #33
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Unfortunately, I agree. The stuff that's wrong with Collison isn't (mostly) the kinda stuff that's gonna be fixed by Dirk.
I think this is partially true, albeit not completely. Everyone here has seen the flashes of Collison where he seems like a bigger version of JJB, which in all honesty wouldn't be terrible for this team. I think a big problem for him, which I've also seen as a problem for Mayo up to this point, is knowing when and where to assert themselves offensively, and when to defer. I think both Mayo and Collison are still getting comfortable in the offensive system RC likes to run. They look great when they're running the fast break and have to act and play on instinct, but when it comes to half-court offense the only two players I've really seen that look comfortable and don't hesitate are VC and Kaman, with Mayo finally starting to find his niche. I think Collison, as a PG, has an even more difficult time finding his niche because he is not only looking for gaps and creases in the defense to create shots for others, but he is also trying to decide when he should look for his own shot. I think Collison and Mayo need to be more assertive in attacking the rim in the half-court sets, especially with Dirk out.

With regards to Dirk coming back, I think he makes the game infinitely easier for everyone else on the team. I think those shots where Collison is running the P&R with Brand and he comes off the pick with partial daylight, but not a ton he hesitates on what to do, when you have the German setting that pick, he's suddenly FAR more open than he is with either Brand or Kaman setting the screen. I think that makes it easier for him to decide when to shoot and when to penetrate. Also, I think everyone is just going to find themselves ridiculously open compared to how open they've been up to this point in the season. I think offensively the game just gets soooooooo much easier with Dirk on the floor, with how much he spaces the floor and how much attention he will draw just being on the floor. I'm excited to see how good we are offensively, to say the least, when Dirk gets back.

edit: the thing I'm falling in love with in regards to Mayo is his demeanor and approach to the game, in conjunction with the fact that he obviously has developed an amazing work ethic and is a gym rat. If he continues with this mentality, I see no reason why he shouldn't continue to improve. This is an area in which I'm not completely certain with regards to DC, I haven't heard enough about him to know if he's shown a gym rat mentality, and I'm not sure about his poise and in-game demeanor. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by ReDirkulous Tyme; 12-09-2012 at 09:05 PM.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote