View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #75
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

partial cut/paste from the Jazz SB nation site - a good comment from a utah fan about dallas' defensive scheme...

"-The Mavs are doing really cool things defensively, and I hope someone journalist/writer/analyst out there smarter than me will highlight it because I think it could revolutionize NBA defenses. They are doing some pre-rotating on drives against dominant scorers to get the ball out of their hands. When the ball crossed the three-point line, the closest big in the middle shades hard to the ball, the weak-side corner defender pre-rotates into the paint, and the above-the-break defender rotates corner. It's confusing and probably easy to crack in a 7-game series, because the defense is uber-compromised at the top of the key, but who cares really, if it's getting the ball out of Donovan's hands and you're not giving up layups? Royce isn't going to beat you.

-The big result of that defense is that Donovan took only 14 shots and only took four threes. They were dead-set on not letting him use screens to shoot threes. When he was getting to the rim in the first half, he missed like four layups, at least."
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote