Thread: Gilbert Arenas
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Yeah, the guy is amazing and quite a character.

very confident
very eccentric

but who do you know sets a goal of 1500 made jump shots a day?

I love his attitude

There could very well be 50 players in the league that set that goal.. however, they don't all yap about it in their blogs. The guy cares about one thing only: scoring titles. That's why the Wiz are never going to be any good. I'd argue he might only be the third best all-around player ON HIS OWN TEAM.

I'd prefer the reserved classiness of Dirk, who you KNOW is going to be improving his game to very little media hype. He actually works with a COACH (imagine that) and PLAYS BASKETBALL during the offseason. I'm pretty sure the last time Arenas even tried playing during the offseason, he got cut from the team.

Bottom line, the guy is all about image and publicity. That's great for his ego and it gets him a lot of headlines, but on the court, the guy is a low-IQ chucker, and he's never going to achieve a thing in his career unless he learns to play a team game.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote