View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #58
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Dont confuse MLE exception with what I am saying. The only person that keeps bringing up MLE is Mary. Read through my posts, and you will see that I think Cuban is going to break the bank and go for Billups. As you know, that is the word on the street here in the Dallas area. I also stated that after next season, we lose alot of salary, so this does NOT place us under the salary cap, but that does place us under the luxury tax.

Seems that Mary does NOT understand how it all works, as she so claims. The 2006-07luxury tax threshold is $65.42 million, up $3.7 million from the $61.7 million threshold last season. Seems that maybe Mary is NOT as smart as you put on. So starting the 2008-09 season we COULD be under the salary and luxury tax threshold, so why not sign Billups?
Seriously dude, straight up....take this to heart--

Mary understands how it works, you don't.

See this FAQ, especially #19 which examines the exceptions where teams can sign players despite the fact that they are over the salary cap.