View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

The problem I've always had with Iguodala trade speculation in the past is that the combination of he and Kidd in the back-court just wouldn't work, for obvious reasons. However, now that Carlisle has made it clear that one of the SF's (Marion so far) is going to come off of the bench, I think an Iguodala trade makes way more sense.

For me to get on board with this, the following criteria must be met:
  • Iguodala must replace BUTLER in the lineup, not the starting 2 guard. It seems reasonabale to assume that he will, since Butler is really the only piece that would interest Philly - he gives them the right combo of covering for the hole left by Iggy this season and improving financial flexibility going forward.
  • After the trade, Kidd must continue to be paired with a smaller guard who has a chance to keep up with the other team's PG - regardless of what the change in personell does to the team's "ego balance".
  • Neither Tyson Chandler nor Roddy Beaubois can be included in the deal.

Iggy can play the 2, but not with Kidd. If he's meant simply as an upgrade at the 3 over the ill-fitting Butler, though, I'm all over it.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote