Thread: Texas/Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texas/Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by: Butterball
I dont know bout y'all but I am excited as all get up to see this game tomorrow!

Things to look for as I see it:

1) Can we get it done on the ground? Is Benson gonna show up or is our backup QB gonna be our top rusher...again!?
Trust me, the mighty, mighty legs of Cedric Benson will be on full display tomorrow.
Quote:
2) Can we stop the run effectively?...This Cobbs kid looked tight and solid against Tulsa last week...we need to prove we can stop the run...(start building confidence for that lil game on Oct. 14th...but lets not get ahead of ourselves)
You must look at it this way, if we had Tulsa's run defense we would not be in the top 10
Quote:
3) Will Mock stamp out the burgeoning QB debate that seems to be a driving force in the soul of every Texas football season (save last yr)...
My eyes will be glued to the television to hopefully get that question answered, as will the rest of us Orange Bloods....
Quote:
4) Will Roy Williams continue his streak of 100+ yd games...and will he block a punt!!!????(How sweet would it be to see all 6-4, 200lbs+ of that hoss block 2 Arkansas punts...perhaps even gettin 6pts in return!!!!)
Roy Williams THRIVES in big games that QB's not named Simms is starting.
Quote:
5) Will Chance Mock be able to find our other receivers over Arkansas's fantastic secondary...but heck...all he has to do is put up in the vicinity of Williams...the others will require more accuracy!
See answer to #4
Quote:
6) Can we come out firing on all cannons???...will we come out with that fire that is too often missing from our usual starts???... Can Mack Brown fire us up enough to understand how important it is we exorcise that Cotton Bowl loss....or are we gonna come out blase for another mediocre 1st quarter....hopefully the sight of Houston Nutt walkin outta the cotton bowl doin an upside down Hook'm will help fire up our boys!!!!!

I cant wait.....Hook'em
Hook em' is right.... The bassackwards Arkansas boys will have to run back to their mother's and inbred girlfriends to find peace and quiet after they get ripped a new one by their former Conference rivals.... Their fans are frothing at the mouth to upset the mighty Horns of Long.... But it ain't happening.