View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #1344
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
The bottom line is that we never needed Rajon Rondo on this team. I just find it amazing how the eye test and stats showed that the Rondo trade had made the team worse, but yet we still had people here defending it to the death. Thanks to this trade yet another year of Dirk's career will be wasted. And don't give me the "B-b-but we weren't going anywhere with Jameer Nelson" crap. Just because you aren't going to win a championship with a certain player doesn't mean you have to make your team significantly worse. We already had a pretty good team. Why not make smaller moves to help in areas where we were struggling (Rebounding, Perimeter Defense)? Instead, our FO went out and made a move that didn't make much sense. And per the usual there is never any accountability from them. Just excuses from them and people constantly defending them no matter what they do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the FO is always wrong but I look at Dirk and I see a great player that should have multiple rings. Ultimately, I do NOT think the FO did a good job of putting the right personnel (Both Players and even Coaches) around Dirk. It looks like Dirk took that pay cut for no reason now as we ended up as 7th seed and are currently on the verge of being swept.
You understand that the rondo trade was made specifically to address the areas you said we should have addressed right? I understand people hating the trade. I spent all of last year telling people rondo was the worst fit in the NBA next to ellis. That being said you judge process not results. The process that lead to this trade made sense. Dirk took that paycut to have a shot at winning titles while he played out the string. The team pre trade had no chance to win a title. Had everything gone absolutely right there was a reason to believe the mavs with rondo could have won a title. I'd rather strike out swinging than take strike 3.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote