View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #1347
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
My issue with people saying Rondo didn't fit next to Ellis is that Rondo just needed to be decent running the team and play good defense. Seriously, if all Rondo did was be a lock down or very good defender, then kudos. Rondo could have played good-great defense on Harden if he wanted to.

What I keep reminding people of is that Rondo never wanted to be here regardless of fit. You could just tell from his body language. And the fact that Rondo chose to play like star against his former Celtics to give something to the fans is further proof. I actually think Rondo can still play...when he wants to. He just never wanted to here. Why can be argued 1000 different ways, but I don't believe it ultimately came down to how he fit in the team.
Agreed. Yeah my issue with the whole argument of them not fitting together is with our starting lineup we have Dirk and Ellis as negative defenders. CP is average to above average at best. TC being the only plus defender. So having a pg who can shoot is all great and everything but who exactly is going to stop dribble penetration? People here are blasting TC for his defense and rebounds but he is having to step up and challenge dribble penetration every play. Of course he isn't going to protect the penetration and stop the lob and be able to help Dirk in PnR abuse all the while boxing out Dwight Howard for rebounds. To think he should be doing all that is absurd.

The trade was obviously a failure but this team needs perimeter defense from the guard position in the worst possible way. So I do not fault the intent of the trade at all.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote