View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #382
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The show backed itself into a corner by moving along at a snails pace for many seasons promising yyyyuge things to come. Once Danny landed in Westeros you knew that wild, plot holed action was inevitable.

SPOILER ALERT

My big problem is that there is little compelling reason to hate the white walkers. I just don't care about a bad guy that has no purpose at least so far. Danny vs the Lanisters is so much more compelling that I just kinda feel let down with this white walker business.
Pacing has been a huge issue. The last few seasons have gone so slow that now they have to accelerate to a speed that we don't even get the interesting inter-personal interactions (other than the Hound-Tormund chat). This episode wasn't terrible as it was mostly an action episode, but the last episode was ridiculous. Nothing got the time it needed. I don't mind the action, because they have legitimately doing a great job with all the battles, but between killing off all the interesting factions down to just four (now just three?) and simply not giving people enough time to develop relationships/chemistry, the show has definitely transitioned from a show all about political intrigue and inter-personal clashes to a dumb action movie. It's a great action movie, but totally different than the first six seasons.

SPOILER
Tyrion and Jaime meet up for the first time since Tyrion killed their father and we only get 30 seconds of dialogue?

Drogon accepts Jon and Danaerys starts falling in love with Jon and we get 15 seconds of Jon petting the dragon?

Cersei tells Jaime she's preggo and we get maybe 10 seconds of expositional dialogue?

We spend a painful 1.5 seasons getting to know the Dornish Mutant Ninja Turtles and --BOOP-- dead.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-21-2017 at 02:14 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote