Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #2035
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=hayth.james.g;1436681]Just not sure where you are drawing the conclusion that JJJ isn't a capable franchise guy but Bamba is. I haven't been his biggest fan, but I do see the insane potential. His floor is low, his ceiling is incredibly high.

I would encourage you to rewatch his film. Seeing him put the ball down at the 3 PT line, dribble through the lane, and finish with either hand is wild for a guy with his size. Not to mention his shooting and defensive impact. His only knock was overall production and lack of discipline (fouls). Both of which are easily counter argued.

Adding this video to further illustrate: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7yQ7wmPzC0

My main criticisms: he doesn’t look fluid to me. Not a ton of burst. Even his strengths are funky- low set-shot release on his jumper and while he looks good shadowing smaller guards on switches he has a sort of gallopy hitch about it. I saw him put the ball down twice and looked like a decent handle for a big but didn’t see him finish with either hand as dunking wide open wouldn’t count for me.

In the weakness section he seems to have a hard time finishing when it isn’t a dunk- not a ton of burst or touch. And not much in the way of passing or court vision. No mid-range game. He seems more Ibaka than Horford to me. That said, he’s super young and long and may already have more off the bounce game than Serge ever did. And Horford took awhile to develop 3 point shooting. I assume he’ll never be as skilled as Horford- few bigs are.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote