View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #455
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Maybe we have that guy in Burke already. I'm not sold on getting another undersized guard until we know whats up with him. It seems like we would be better off with the best 2 way player available. That said, I don't put my faith in building around Luka in ANY draft picks in our range. He is too far advanced to be tooling around with kids and I don't want to press our luck praying he is going to be as loyal as Dirk.

I see this take on it. We already have too many mediocre guards and need an upgrade at wing.

Brunson averaged 7.2 drives per game in 18 mpg (a pretty high rate), and was actually more efficient in those drives than Luka.

I still think, at the end of the day, that what we need to do is consolidate our guard minutes into one all-around player who is a clear second fiddle to Luka on the perimeter. Right now it takes us too much time to figure who is "on" in games, and we're too reliant on three point shots. I think until we find that person we are going to be coming up short in the playoffs.