Thread: Fire Kidd
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #37
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Problem is that we've all mapped out team needs and why you play Hardy over Frank...

What does Hardy bring that the need needs...

1. Another ball handler
2. Three point shooting on a team predicated on (9.2 makes on 48% shooting in g league)
3. Fts as he shot 87%
4. Youth and energy the team desperately needs
5. Instant offense
6. A quick pace guard on a team that also desperately needs to quicken their slow pace.

What does Frank bring?

1. Occasionally good defense as a G/F

Comprende?

We aren't contenders this year. We're barely play-in right now. If we were top of the league, fine. But our literal only future youth-wise is Luka, Green, and Hardy. If Hardy pans out, then you can start cutting off fat without worrying about returns like trading THJ or even Dinwiddie since he actually has value.

So yes, I think it's fireable to play Frank 18 minutes to Hardy's 0 against a young and inexperienced team like the Thunder. Especially when coach keeps saying we need to find minutes for Hardy like it's not his decision and that they won't do to Hardy what they did with Green his rookie year. Green played a total of 445 minutes his rookie year. Hardy is currently at 42 minutes total.
All of what Hardy brings isn't up for debate. We all know this and we all want him to play more.

However, you also just listed one side of the court for each player in this discussion. The PRIMARY reason (defense) why we are arguing this specific game and why Kidd played Frank.

I feel like playing Frank was the right move. I'm not arguing that Hardy needs to play more, that is evident. Why he didn't play AT ALL in that game merits this type of fervor, to be plainly clear. BUT, to shit on Frank in an effort to prop up Hardy isn't the way to go about it, nor to shit on the coach for making a decision that I feel ultimately won the game.

Total minutes can be argued, rotations, etc. Frank playing in that game was out of necessity and no more. The dude knows his role and the Mavs needed him this particular night.

That's all. Am I betting Frank gets more minutes than Hardy overall? HELL NO. But when discussing this one game only, I totally understand the call for Frank. At the same time, it doesn't make me want to call for the coach's head.

Not playing Hardy at all: BAD
Playing Frank: not nearly as bad as it's being made out to be
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote