View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 01:05 PM   #1484
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Mavs were playing well, especially defensively, before all the injuries. So, it isn't just that Kidd changed the defense. If you were to say he didn't adjust well after the trade, that is hard to argue against. Or...is it just that the players aren't capable? But, even if that is true, is it not still up to the coach to adjust to that?

I don't think adding McGee did anything with chemistry, at beginning of season he just couldn't play well. The end of the season version of him was a 180 though...if that is who we could get on a consistent basis, he's be worth keeping around.

Wood is hard to figure. Offensively, fine. Defensively and rebounding? Notsomuch. Will that change? Hard to say. He certainly COULD do a better job of rebounding...just has to want to. But there is a reason, as much as everyone criticizes him, that Powell became the starting center. He's better than any of the others. That's not a knock on Powell, that's a knock on the FO. Yes, Powell shouldn't be a starting center. But not because he's no good. He's a quality reserve. Stuck in a starting role because of the FO.

As for Luka's conditioning, he came into camp in good shape this year. Then, got worse, which is really hard during an NBA season. Something is definitely bothering him off the court.
I?m curious how Luka managed to gain so much weight during the season. I haven?t seen much posted on IG with him and his girlfriend. I wonder if something is up with that? Saw a photo this morning that he is back in Slovenia, but she wasn?t with him. It?s really none of our business what?s going on in his personal life, but it seems like something is going on.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote