View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Sources: Maurice Clarett season may be over

My only objection is that Ohio State officials clearly had some involvement in this mess, at least the oral exam fiasco that led to Maurice Clarett's eligibility to play in the national championship. It apears to me that Ohio State is throwing Clarett under the bus in a draconian fashion in an effort to cover its own ass. Ohio State must be held accountable for its actions. Denying itself of Maurice Clarett's talents for a year is simply not enough.

The NCAA should not condone a practice that allows a university to violate NCAA rules and redeem itself solely by punishing the student athlete. Such a practice places all of the responsibilty for rule compliance on the student athlete while punishing only one of potentially several culpable parties, including those whose job it is to educate the student athlete about those rules and those who encourage or demand a student athlete violate NCAA rules for personal benefit.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote