View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #117
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Just like any fan, we overrate our players and underrate other players. With that being said, I still wouldn't give up Devin + other things for Kidd just on the basis of how he wants extra years added to his contract. It's been hell trying to sign free agents being over the cap all these years, and with Finley/Bradley's contract coming off the books--I don't want Kidd's on there.
That's pretty much where I come out on this as well. If things were as simple as just a Kidd for Devin swap, then I think the Kidd-Mavs would definitely be better than the Devin-Mavs. But it's not that simple. The Mavs would have to give up several more pieces, make the huge financial commitment, etc. They would have to give up a lot and there's a real huge question as to for how many more years Jason Kidd can be the Jason Kidd we think of today. Some players age gracefully, I don't think Kidd is going to be one of them. When he starts to decline I've got that feeling it will be quick and drastic.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote