Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #98
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
Bull. The number one reason Carter was elected was Nixon and his record. You can keep talking about running against the establishment but Watergate and impeachment and our tail between the legs exit from Vietnam got him elected. If Ford hadn't pardoned Nixon he would have won. If the campaign had lasted a month or so longer Ford would have won. Ford had caught Carter after starting down 33 points.
why do you believe that the public blamed nixon for vietnam? are you unaware that nixon ran (and won) in 68 as the candidate that would get us out of vietnam?

carter's lead vanished bcause he made public comments about pardoning draft deserters and the famous "lusted in my heart" interview.

ford was just as inept, with the ridiuclous assertion that there was no domination of eastern europe by the soviets.

if the pardon of nixon was the reason ford lost, why then did ford almost catch carter while he was steadfast in saying the pardon was the right thing to do?

Quote:
It wasn't the recession. It was the abrupt crash and knee jerk fear of people losing half the value of their 401Ks that helped Obama. Prior to that he had zero anything but big promises. McCain was gaining ground.
"it wasn't the recession. It was..people losing half the value of their 401Ks"??? so it wasn't the economy tanking, it was the results of the economy tanking?
okey dokey....that makes a ton of sense.

Quote:
It took a nuclear financial event to move Obama ahead for good. If more time had remained and we started talking about a 1 trillion dollar stimulus bill instead of the 300 billion one he maintained he wanted until after the election he may have lost. Obama ran his whole campaign on the theory you can't prove a negative. He had no record. He had never run a business, he had never served in the military. He became a millionaire writing books and a short political career.
uh huh, that's why he overcame the clinton machine. right.

Quote:
Not really. She was front and center during the stimulus bill gyrations and took the heat for the amount and the content. She went away when it passed. She will again be visible when she is cracking the whip ramming legislation through or saying something stupid. This is not a difficult concept.
it's way too difficult to follow you on pelosi, first you say she "Pelosi take the most of the heat while she seems content with the role of keeping the agenda left of center and consistent with traditional Dem values", now you say she "went away".

Quote:
What's obvious is you have difficulty admitting that someone can look at the same situation as you and listen to your opinion and disagree with your conclusions. I tried to counter you points with links and and why I thought my conclusions had merit. You typed condescending comments with vague pronouncements. It would seem you want a food fight. I don't.

Have a nice day.
surprisingly, you seem to be disturbed that someone challenges your views by providing history and facts.

if you don't like being challenged and defending your comments, you shouldn't post in an online forum. if you want to take your ball and go home, sobeit.

thanks for playing.

Last edited by Mavdog; 03-11-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote