View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #63
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Bush Against Womens Rights

Vinnie, I am an atheist. I don't consider myself Democrat or Republican. I consider it more a moral issue than religious or political. In your post you used the word "mistake" - all I want to say is that it is not a mistake, not a choice, but a baby's life. As a woman, I am in the unique position to have in my control not just my life, but another being's life. It is not a decision to be made lightly. As soon as you stop talking about children and start using the terms mistakes and choices, you are effectively dehumanizing the babies so it is easier for you (I don't mean you vinnie, but people in general) to live with the decision of taking a life.

Look at it this way - would you kill a puppy just because you own him and he is dependent on you for food and shelter? You would think way more before doing something like that than when you advocate a very similar thing, which is taking a baby's life. Trust me, it is hard to think of something invisible in your stomach as a baby for any woman. Once you see it on the ultrasound though, it is a life-changing experience. It becomes more tangible and is not a fetus or a clump of cells anymore. It becomes your baby. A lot of women are unfortunately not provided with such services at an abortion provider. There would be a major reduction in the rates of abortion if that happened.

Lastly, how many people do you think will stop using abortion as birth control if it were not as easy to get as it is now? Isn't that better for people in general?

Dude, thank you - my son is a handful, I must confess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]