View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
1) saying that the injury doesn't have any impact on the player acquisition front doesn't mean the team isn't hoping to acquire someone; it just means the standards for determining what constitutes a good deal for the team haven't changed.

2) more generally, you do not make decisions that could impact the fortunes of the franchise for years to come on the basis of a month-long injury.
I seem to remember a promising young pg who got injured and it seemed in my eyes he was traded partly because of that around-month-long injury. A month out this season could mean the end of even a playoff birth. So, if you can logically conclude the potential of missing the playoffs this season isn't a big deal, well, I guess that be argued.

And we'll see what the FO does before the deadline...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote