View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #2030
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
We'll have to wait and see what the numbers are in the contracts that actually get signed. I won't be surprised either way; however, if I were an owner, I'd certainly think twice about some of the ridiculous contracts in light of the falling NBA popularity and ratings that seem to be a reflection of widespread public dissatisfaction with professional athletes making political pronouncements.

I'm all for free speech, but free speech does not mean free from repercussions in a free society. If people choose to tune out and spend their money and attention elsewhere, then that's the risk one takes. I find it interesting how some will jump through hoops, so they don't piss off the chinese but don't give a second thought to pissing off a fair amount of their US fan base.
In light of the failing NBA popularity? Y'all still saying this huh lol?

These teams are allowed to spend this much money because of the money the NBA is making.

NBA is not pissing off a fair mount of their US Fanbase. The US Fan base doesn't give a damn about guys standing up for social issues....if people are tuning out because of it is a small minority of fans that don't even matter to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Oh this ridiculous narrative again
Its so tiresome....ugh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I think the biggest issue with some of these guys is not necessarily value/$, but rather getting Cuban to commit to spending that much money in the first place. I've said this for years now, but I still think Cuban has an issue spending money despite his billionaire status/reputation. Hell, he passed on Giannis over $250k. :-O
He didn't pass on Giannis for 250k...he passed on Giannis for the hopes and prayers of spending money on Deron and Dwight. At least that's how I remember it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And yet every FA we see teams willing to spend.

It's funny how everyone gives shit to the FO for not learning their lesson, but I'm not sure fans have either.
Nah every offseason is the same with fans...they act like the wheel has been reinvented....

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 07-26-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote