View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #82
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I hate parcells i will admit that. Also, obviously that was an opinion. Pretty much everything said on here besides stats are opinions. Why did i compare him to wright? Because ive heard similar expectations for both. They both have the same extremely mediocre arm strength. They are both pretty good decision makers(from what ive seen) who want screw things up but arent gonna help you any either. I guess i was wrong, i shouldnt have said that 6-10 was the max because if you had an all time great defense and a great rb you could win 10 or 11 games.(see the raves 01 or bears last year) Im just saying that he will never win you a game. Its not gonna happen. Yes its an opinion but its an opinion with a 99% chance of being right.

As for parcells when has he done such a great job of player evaluation? He has drafted like crap since he got here. Williams has turned out to be a soso pick. Rogers was a HORRIBLE pick(actually i think he screwed that one up more on coaching than drafting). JJ though i think everyone expects alot out of him hasnt exactly been a stud. The only good draft picks i can think of with him are Ware and whitten.(a GREAT pick) Not showing me a whole lot. He reminds me alot of jimmy genius in Miami. Has a great rep and everything but honestly didnt really do a great job in the new town.
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on your opinion that has a 99% chance of being right, based on about 2% of the information available to the real decision makers.

On Parcells, his body of work speaks for itself. He's not just a one hit wonder like Jimmy was. Parcells is a truly great coach that has experience turning around teams and rebuilding them through the draft.

Now, does that mean he's automatically going to do that here? No. Does it mean he's perfect? Certainly not. But I do have some faith in him.

On the picks themselves, I'm not sure what Williams you're referring to, as Bill did not draft Roy Williams. Newman has certainly lived up to any and all expectations. Whitten was a great find, Canty was the steal of last year's draft, and say what you want of Pettiti, but he's doing pretty darn well for that late of a pick.

Certainly the drafting of the OLinemen has left a lot to be desired. That needs to be turned around quickly. But let's also not forget that he whipped Flozell into a quality LT when people were wondering if we should even resign him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-16-2006 at 11:47 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote