View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #50
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
I am not a constitutional law expert, but from a glance, the word "unreasonable" is probably where cases have interpreted the Fourth Amendment, and probably where people can disagree on the appropriateness of law enforcement actions....
which is why I say....

"agents of the State may have seen signs of child abuse not pertaining to the mystery child, [but] it defies reason to suggest that they actually saw evidence that 100% of the families were abusing 100% of the children."

if that action doesn't cross the line from reasonable to unreasonable, then we might as well say that all actions taken by law enforcement people are deemed reasonable so long as they say they are....which is to say the 4th amendment is meaningless.

Quote:
The excuse is used to shelter all kinds of criminal activity in both homes and vehicles.
the thing is....what you're calling an excuse might also be considered a natural right of human beings no less essential and fundamental than the right to free speech or the right to keep the fruits of their own labor. when you call this an excuse rather than a natural right you are making a presumption of guilt on the part of the person in question --

-- and it's one thing when you are I speculate ideally about the guilt of fundie mormon, but it's quite another thing heavily armed government agencies start acting upon the presumption of guilt.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-17-2008 at 01:39 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote