View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #52
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that they saw the actual abuse in progress. I think all they need is a threat in the home to 100% of the children. I've never been in either an FLDS compound or a trailer park, so I can't go farther than this in terms of characterizing the homes in those areas when there is a threat in the community. But my guess is that there is some element of the nature of an FLDS compound (probably very much tied to their religious beliefs and practices) which makes the compound different than a trailer park or a fenced-off suburban community. I am again guessing, but I think all the women in the FLDS compound are given as wives (unless they leave). And I think the reports were that they saw teenage girls (16 yo I think) with multiple children.

Now maybe you could say they should only have taken the little girls and left the little boys. I'm pretty sure standard operating procedure for CPS doesn't filter that finely... for instance one wouldn't be able to retain custody of one's sons under the argument that one has only been convicted of molesting girls, is 100% heterosexual and is disgusted by the thought of experimenting.

Sucks getting triple-teamed. =) I can barely keep up! It's so much easier when I'm posting retarded jokes.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-17-2008 at 01:45 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote