View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #53
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
I think all they need is a threat in the home to 100% of the children. I've never been in either an FLDS compound or a trailer park, so I can't go farther than this in terms of characterizing the homes in those areas when there is a threat in the community. But my guess is that there is some element of the nature of an FLDS compound (probably very much tied to their religious beliefs and practices) which makes the compound different than a trailer park or a fenced-off suburban community.
regarding the bold -- obviously, this is the case.

I think if any thinks that it's a good thing to let the government decide whether one's religious beliefs are suitable for parenting because this might prevent some bad things from happening hasn't thought adequately about what bad things might happen if the government gets to decide whether one's religious beliefs are suitable for parenting.

^^^^And that's an entirely sensible sentence.