View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #71
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the courts ought to fix the CPS's illegal actions. I doubt, however, that this will happen. My guess is that the courts will find some tortured rationale to justify the actions of the CPS.

link

Quote:
Attorneys representing the mothers questioned Texas Child Protective Services chief investigator Angie Voss on how she was able to conclude the culture on the YFZ Ranch is a threat to children - and how the children might be returned.

Voss testified yesterday boys in the polygamous sect are groomed to become perpetrators of sexual assault, and girls become their victims.

District Judge Barbara Walther redirected many of the questions posed to Voss.

"The question is, 'Can I return the children?' " she told attorneys. "You all continue to focus on what happened."
Do you catch that question, "can I return the children?" The presumption here is obviously that the State keeps the children unless their parents prove otherwise. I doubt that the absence of evidence of child abuse will be construed as evidence of no child abuse.