View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #506
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
In Texas - a right to work state - it is my understanding that as long as it is called a layoff, and the company is willing to pony up for the unemployment --- that they can basically remove someone from employment without a disclosed reason.

Now, if someone that got canned had that email, then I would think they could win a few months pay at least though.

I'd bet there is a lawyer that reads this site that could give better information than I though.
oh, i absolutely agree. I would hope no companies would be dumb enough to say "we laid you off because you're old, or a woman, etc.". But if you can prove something (like with the email above), you have a case.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-26-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote