View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #52
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

So how does Bosh feel about joining his hometown team that he grew up cheering and loving? It might be great, if he actually grew up that way.

"I just wanted to play in the NBA," Bosh said. "Back then with the Mavericks, it wasn't like the Celtics or the Bulls, to be honest. I don't think there were a lot of kids in Dallas [saying] 'I'm going to grow up and play for the Mavericks one day.' "

Years of ineptitude tend to erode the wow factor for a young fan base.

The Mavericks will have interest in the 24-year-old Bosh if he becomes a free agent. They will have interest in all free agents in the hopes of pairing a young set of legs (or perhaps two sets) with Dirk Nowitzki, who will be 32 in 2010.

Said Bosh of someday being a Maverick: "I'm not sure, maybe when I'm real old and almost out of the league. You never know. I'm sure they're going to have people on their free-agent list. It's just something you got to pay attention to when the time comes."
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote