View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 08:37 PM   #12
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The real elephant is the fact that the Mavs fall in love with their own players to a serious detriment. That's why we have Luka and the B squad...again.

I mean, the Org literally lives in the past. They basically brought back the entire 2011 team to right the ship. Go to a game and you drown in nostalgia. Throwback warmups, throwback jerseys, etc. etc. etc.

And more concerning is reflecting on the Curry trade. The idea was sound, but the results weren't there. So what? You can't win every trade, and I'm afraid that move compounds this issue of falling in love with your own guys. Curry is doing great for the Sixers! What have we done?! Never again!

See I want a FO that is always looking to make the next move to improve the team even if it comes up short sometimes. Mavs simply don't do that. They were hesitant to give up Dwight Powell this summer. My god. And he is actually one of the only few payable options, but that is their own making. How do you have 5 centers and none of them are any good or are very flawed?

But as you can see with Luka's mehness that we don't have years to do something.

And this isn't a panic at all. I (and many fans) have been basically saying this for three years now.
Mark Cuban falls in love with his own players. He is too close relationship-wise to make cold, calculated decisions in the team's best interest imo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote