View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Terrible, terrible trade. I watch these dumb Rockets fairly often because I live in Houston, and I have to say that even though Mike James has been a waste of a roster spot this season for Houston, Bonzi has been a big part of their recent resurgence, and I'll bet my bum nickel that trading him away for an injury-crippled, near-has-been like BJax is going to leave the decrepit Rockets out of the playoffs, or as a flaccid #8 or #7 seed speed bump for their Western conference betters...

I'm happy the Rockets made this trade, because I detest both the city of Houston as well as it's professional basketball franchise, but I'd say the dumb Rockets would have been much better off keeping Bonzi and his fire, and instead of bringing in roster trash like Jackson, and they would have been similarly better off had they committed to rely upon the surprisingly heady, and developing play of Aaron Brooks to bolster the admittedly alarming, shoddy play of starting point guard Skip to my Toilet-Loo Rafer Alston instead. BJax is a finished, broken, and worthless shell of a player, but I guess, at least there is a silver lining on this turd of a trade for Houston fans, in that the fella's contract will be expiring in '08-09, and should thusly prove to be a moderately valuable trading commodity next season. But honestly... are expiring contracts the kinds of assets that a team supposedly fighting for playoff positioning, and that holds aspirations of being a championship contending squad should be trading for?

I think no, and my bet is that this trade will end up being just the first in a series of rebuilding trades that will surely and inevitably see Mr. McGrady leaving H-town, and will just as surely end up squandering away a big chunk of the prime of Yao's career, as the Rocket's front-office flounders and flails away with crappy trades, incompetently trying to buttress themselves against the inevitable doom of .500 basketball purgatory...
you must not watch that much because bonzi hasn't done much during this streak and he only produces with major minutes. Scola has been a big part of the streak averaging double digit scoring.

bobby jackson is shooting bad this season and he is the same player as luther head.

this is obviously a salary dump. (like already mentioned)